2020 Annual Congress of the IIPF | Online
The IIPF held its 76th Annual Congress in an online format from August 19 through 21, 2020.
The Local Organizers for the planned congress in Reykjavik, Iceland, agreed not only to organize the – hopefully – physical congress 2021 in Reykjavik, but to also organize this year's online congress. The online sessions were administrated from Reykjavik and delivered via Hopin.to.
Its Local Organizing Committee was chaired by Prof. Þórólfur Geir Matthíasson and administrated by Pálmi Gautur Sverrisson (both University of Iceland). The Scientific Committee was chaired by Prof. Mireille Chiroleu-Assouline (Paris School of Economics and University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, France) and Prof. Marco Runkel (Technical University Berlin, Germany).
The program included Keynote lectures on the topic of „Public Finance, Natural Resources and Climate Change“, more than 70 working group sessions with almost 300 papers, the traditional opening and closing / award ceremonies as well as the General Assembly of IIPF members. Please follow the links below to learn more about this event.Report (incl. awards)
- Prof. Anna Alberini (University of Maryland, USA): video, personal website
- Prof. Ottmar Edenhofer (Technical University Berlin and Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Germany): video, slides, personal website
- Dr. Karen Palmer (Senior Fellow and Director of the Future of Power Initiative, USA): video, slides, personal website
- Prof. Rick van der Ploeg (University of Oxford, UK): video, personal website
- Full Opening ceremony (with keynote Edenhofer): video
- Full Closing ceremony (with keynote Alberini): video
- Opening address by the Rector of University of Iceland: video
- Closing address by the Prime Minister of Iceland: video
Call for Papers
Congress Facebook page